Sunday 15 July 2007

The Movie - Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix

Just came back from watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at Cineleisure. How was the movie? I am probably the last person that you should ask - I am totally biased when it comes to all things Harry Potter. I just love 'em - I love the books & I love the movies too. Basically, from the book, I know that Dolores Umbridge is a total monster & I would say the actress who played her role - did that perfectly, totally irritating character (the way she giggles - aargh - serves her right to be carried away by the centaurs. I could almost feel the pain when Umbridge forced Harry to write lines "I must not tell lies" with her so called special quill. The dementors looks different this time compared to earlier movies, maybe it's because they're not covered by a hood this time round. All the actors and actresses have grown up - Dudley aka Dudders is not as pudgy as the 1st movie where Hagrid gave him a pig tail and Uncle Vernon looks way way older now too.

Grawp (Hagrid's half brother looks much cuter than I had imagined/pictured in my mind when I read the book). The book itself describes everything in more detail than the movie can ever portray, the scenes from the books were played out/pictured in my mind as I read each book. The movie serves as a visual feast where my visual senses perceive and the mind processes the information - all different and yet the same.
Luna Lovegood managed to be portrayed as described in the book and of course, Lord Voldermot has got more screen time this time round. Bellatrix Lestrange played by the actress whom I recalled played the mother to Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I seem to be rambling in no particular sequence and this whole entry today a collection of my thoughts as it flows.

Ok, I can't wait to collect my book 7 next Saturday and I hope I am amongst the first 5000 who pre-ordered where I may get to receive a special edition bag and mug ;-)


No comments: