Thursday 14 June 2007

Gym - A matter of discipline

Just wondering, how many people out there faces similar 'challenges' when it comes to one's discipline of going to the gym regularly? Last year, signed up with a gym prior to my wedding ceremony, however, I am finding it difficult to be going diligently on a weekly basis. Doing the math - it'll be "monies worth" if I go at least 3 times or more in a week. Is that even possible? As it is, I am already feeling tired and lethargic after a day's work - yup, although I do feel somewhat refreshed after a work out but the very next day my muscles will cause me much discomfort (depending on how far I push myself @ the gym).

It would be ideal if there is a gym buddy that serves as a support i.e. drag me along especially when I am supplying myself with 'why nots'. I have yet to be at the gym in time when the 'Body Balance' class is on - the branch that I go to, the timing's just not right - be it too early or late at night. Before joining the gym, used to attend yoga class near my parents’ home - got dismissed from class because half the time I had to skip class due to work commitments.

Other attempts at exercising - doing household chores (the only one I can keep to) :-) there's also an exercise equipment at home courtesy of my dad (yeah, yeah - got the hint, both my mom and dad sings the same tune) ... just thinking aloud, would it help if I have a puppy to bring for walks every evening? I have to sell this idea to my hubby and my parents - then maybe, just maybe I can own a dog again. I am totally nuts bout dogs; you can see my face instantly beaming when I see puppies/ dogs.


No comments: