Sunday 17 June 2007

Coffee 1,2,3

A coffee connoisseur I am not but I do consume quite a fair bit of coffee everyday. Let's see, I start my day in the office with a cup of Aik Cheong black coffee. If I am having breakfast with colleagues, depending on the venue - if it is the cafeteria I will have my usual cup of "Nescafe see" or Nescafe with a little bit of sugar and evaporated milk - once in a while we will indulge in coffee and toast at O’Briens. Second cup of coffee will be consumed during lunch time (if I have my food at certain kopitiam near my office, I'll most likely be having white coffee). If I don't, I may have my second cup at about 4 or 5 p.m. (Aik Cheong again) when I need a little pick me up else it'll be Nescafe or O'Briens during evening 'yum cha' with colleagues after work. Last cup of coffee for the day will be a nice hot mug of Nescafe gold - introduced hubby to this and now he doesn't quite care for the normal Nescafe anymore.
On weekends, we may indulge in a nice cuppa coffee made with the coffee maker - since this is an indulgence, I'll prepare on weekends only accompanied by pancakes and half boiled eggs (hubby's favourite breakfast combination).


Today, we picked up a packet of Coffee Bean's Colombia Narino from KLCC after our shopping. Quite a fruitful day - our first stop was Corus Hotel for the Clarks warehouse sale - today is the last day, a lot of designs that we favour - our shoe sizes no longer available. We went on to KLCC next, and I am very pleased with myself. Why you may ask? Finally managed to convince hubby to buy a new pair of shoes - something comfy at 50% off. As for me, the first shirt I pulled out from the stack is just so adorable (Nike baby tee) - I just have to purchase it. My other stop was La Senza - they are having a promotion 3 pairs of brassiere for RM129. I like La Senza quite a fair bit coz it's comfy :-)

Now a brief write up on the newly purchased coffee, the Colombia Narino is cultivated in the state of Narino, the premier growing region of Colombia, this coffee is hand-picked by workers at privately owned family farms who take great pride in their production, preparation and grading of each coffee.

This particular one (pictured above) is described as having a full, creamy body with well-balanced flavour and full, rich aroma. The aroma is so inviting but as it is quite late now I shall resist the temptation and have my usual gold – Nescafe Gold; else I may be counting sheep while my hubby's in dreamland ;-P

No comments: