Monday 18 June 2007

Hang on for ten minutes

Today is one of those days in which I will ask myself this question - whether I should be holding my tongue? Well, a lot of times depending on situations - not learning to hold your tongue in check may land you in hot soup. I am usually not argumentative but when situations calls for my assertive side to be more pronounced - I will do just that. We read the following from a book called "Drop The Pink Elephant" a gift from my brother one X'mas. Roughly one portion says, when you are in a situation where you are about to reply an e-mail in anger, hold on for a while (lets say 10 minutes) i.e. hang on and do not click on the send button to shoot the e-mail that you have been furiously typing away!!! . It is something that hubby and I try to apply in our e-mail writing/replies as well as prior to voicing out our thoughts because in the heat of the moment, actions taken by you may unwittingly land yourself in bigger problems than when you first receive e-mails/hear of remarks/statements that does little to complement you or far from the truth.

So, remember to practise take 10, have the facts ready/ recollect your wits prior to taking the next step and especially do not react when your emotions' in turmoil
.

No comments: