Monday 25 June 2007

A feast at Jogoya

Last Saturday, finally met up with 3 school mates including one that I have not seen since 10 years ago and she has same first name as me - Cheryl. We arranged to meet at Jogoya, Starhill - my choice because Ann likes it there, Cheryl is ok with the venue as well and it'll be Huey Yin's 1st time @ Jogoya.

Ann picked me up from my humble abode and we reached Starhill at about 5.45p.m., since it was still early, we stopped by Kanebo to enquire about their opening hours - Kanebo will be the venue for my pampering outing with Ann in July. We strolled the galleries on the top floor and went down to the Relish floor soon after - we were eagerly waiting for Cheryl to appear - since we have not seen her for ages, not sure whether we'll be able to recognise her. Well, she didn't have any problem at all & recognised us at sight (that means both Ann and myself did not change that much :-) ) and to us, she looks fabulous and radiant well in her 7th month of pregnancy. Wow, I do hope that I will look like that when I am expecting.

We started the buffet first and Huey Yin joined us about an hour later - in between savouring the delectable offerings/spread they have there - we enquired about each others current affairs. What I rediscovered, both Cheryl's have quite similar likes and dislikes when it comes to food except she loves fish and I am only in the tolerable state when it comes to fish dishes (steamed, cooked or raw). We do not particularly favour oysters, escargots, octopus etc. and we left it to Ann and Huey Yin to eat our shares worth while we sampled the cheesecakes and sweet delights. The thing that piques our curiosity is the fact that they cook the soup right at our table in a container, shaped to hold the liquid & its goodies and it is made of paper/paper-like material. At the very end, we could not resist and tried tearing a small piece just to see the layers of the said paper.

The picture's with Ann and I will post the picture here once I get from her.

All in all, it’s a great night out and we should be planning another at year end. By then, we will get to meet Cheryl's baby boy ;-)


No comments: