Saturday 30 June 2007

Stay at home weekends and a little shopping yesterday

My favourite pastime on a Saturday is to stay at home and curl up with a good book or two. Today I am reading Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Marry Me If You Can (only half done as of now - will finish in an hour or two). I sort of like speed read books as long as they are light readings and do not require a lot of thinking, digesting and rationalising. Since I read quite fast, I tend to borrow 3-5 books every time I visit this shop in central market. I will ask my colleague to go thereabouts for lunch and drop by to pick and rent some books. The last batch I read, I liked it so much so that it has passed the 1 month only rental period. These books by Lisa Kleypas held my attention. Other than her, I love Jane Feather, Virginia Henley, Susan Elizabeth Phillips and many more or I should say any romantic novels. The books that I do purchase would be Harry Potter series, Roald Dahl - can share with my nephews and nieces and my future babies ;-) .Do not be judging me just by my reading materials :-p , I am no light head ... just that when I pick up a book to read for relaxation, I would prefer something that does not use/require much brain power so I can have some down time ....

Yesterday had a great time after work - shopping with a colleague. I was supposed to go to pick up some Harry Potter movie tickets but I was too early ... mixed up the dates, it'll only start next week. Never mind, I bought one gorgeous black evening dress, tube type with tiny straps (if I want to use them) with flair flouncy skirt and a cute bow in the middle. I loved it so much and thank goodness they had my size, other than that 2 nice tops and another dress suitable for work. When I got home and in the midst of sorting and putting away the goodies in the wardrode, hubby couldn't help but commented that I went on a spending spree. Once in a while honey, I need to add some new ones to my working attire - else it'll be a bore already (to others and myself included).

I love buying evening dresses, my motto - buy one when I see something I like and suits me. It is a much better tactic then tearing my hair to look for one when an occasion to dress up crops up and I just have to settle for something that's only so so (may be overpriced too if there's no discounts/ or sales going on) and I cannot wear one that I have worn before when it involves the same crowd. It's different for a man; same black pants with a different shirt will do the trick.
This is a dress I bought yesterday - gorgeous isn't it? :-)





5 comments:

Cheryl Leong said...

hehe, i also bought something while getting a gifts for my colleague while i m on the way to a farewell dinner *LOL* Hard to get something you like, so, better grab it when u found it, or , regret later ;)
I love the evening gown of urs ...

Just Cheryl said...

Thanks ;) ... I shan't name the store but the brand's endorsed my Milla J.

Cheryl Leong said...

hmm, there's only one brand that carries Milla J. & i think i know which one :p

Vivianz said...

where????

Just Cheryl said...

Viv - I'll message u ;-)