Wednesday 27 June 2007

Tagged - Eight (8) random facts about myself

Just found out got tagged by Woan Jiun and this being my maiden tag, not exactly sure what to do but I will try my best ;-) After reading WJ's post, sort of figured out how to go about, so here goes. First I will state the rules of the game/tag as follows:-

i) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.


ii) People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.


iii) At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.


iv) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

****************

Eight facts about me are as listed below in no particular order:-


Ichi (1) - I dislike my chinese name since young after countless merciless teasing. In mandarin and hokkien (my mother tongue) it sounds like curry (not to say I dislike curry one bit). There were other nicknames that I do care to repeat again. I prefer to introduce myself as Cheryl & thank goodness my daddy had the sense to put it in my birth cert thus giving me a legitimate choice to insist to be called Cheryl.


Ni (2) - I did not instantly fall in love with my hubby when we were classmates - in fact, dread the fact that I was getting attracted to him because there was this other girl (my classmate as well) who were gaga over him and her close buddies also gave me a hard time


San (3) - I became a librarian in school for the privileged use of the locker. The added perk(s) - hubby was the Head Librarian. But as listed in (2) above, I became one not because of him :-p


She (4) - I have a driving license but I cannot drive or rather do not dare to drive in KL. I keep dreaming that I will crash into the traffic lights.


Go (5) - I can't believe that I am with my current organisation coming to 4 years now


Roku (6) - I have been told I am not good at disguising my feelings/emotions (can read me like a book). Recently improved coz when my mentor told me something, I did not show any emotion and he was like, you know already? Nope, I didn't know beforehand.


Shichi (7) - I hate washing dishes and ironing clothes. So I bring my clothes home to my mummy's maid to iron and as for the dishes, take turns with hubby to wash them when I do cook.


Hachi (8) - The things that I used to want to own (Swatch watch, Baby-G's by Casio), now that I can afford it (years ago)- it no longer matters. Or in other words, requirements change as I grow older.


There, first "tagged" done and I am passing this on to


Vivian, Sze & Naomi (a fellow forum member and chat mate from Malaysiabrides forum)
Ann - The unexpressed (pal from school)

This is a clothes tag removed from my one and only Paul Frank garment & I'm falling in love with Julius and his friends (so kawaii). Saw some button badges at Avenue K with this cute monkey and bought 8 of them.

6 comments:

cairo's mommy said...

hmmm come to think of it i dun remember your chinese name wor... u never used it in school kah? i hated mind only when i got to college...cos the lecturer started to sing it out loud (using mic, duh) every so often :(

oh n i totally agree with you on point 8. i feel dat way too.

btw, thanks for doing the tag :D

Just Cheryl said...

Hee hee, my chinese names sounds something like Charlie ;-) In primary school and in form 6 - I had it quite bad. In SJI,there's this little boy (till this day) still tease me whenever he sees me - just to get me flustered ;-P

Cheryl Leong said...

well, I remembered to owell coz I think I always called you in chinese name. I still remember the teasing part though...now, that's vy bad of me. I know... but can't help in when 1 whole group of small kids getting together , rite...

Just Cheryl said...

It's ok, let's call it a truce :-)
I do admit I do not respond to my chinese name as well as Cheryl.
As of now, very few people calls me by that name other than 2 colleagues (once in a while) and 1 or 2 guys or should I say boys from SJI (if u ever read this, u know who u r) :-P

Cheryl Leong said...

lucky tat my chinese name is ok, so far. But now I am known as Cheryl to most people except SJI, BBGS frens. Even my in laws know me by Cheryl ;)

Just Cheryl said...

No worries - welcome to the world of Cheryl's ;-)